Get Started with LUX Navigate
Follow the steps to get started with your 360 content management tool!
1. Download the Software
1. Go to tenebrislab.com/my-account and download LUX NAVIGATE.
2. Once downloaded, double click on the .exe to begin the installation process.
3. Download and install STEAM and STEAMVR for VR viewing capabilities.
2. Launch the Software
1. Run LUX NAVIGATE and open some 360 Content.
2. If it’s the first time running LUX NAVIGATE you will need to license the software.
If you would like to run the free version of LUX NAVIGATE, enter your email into the email input field and enter ‘free’ without the quotation marks into the serial number field then press activate to gain access to the free version.
3. Using LUX NAVIGATE
After activating a valid license the start screen will be displayed. The current selected mode is the VIEW MODE. From here you can open VIEW files from the recent panel or open image files for viewing.
1. View Mode – Used to open packaged VIEW files or images.
2. Edit Mode – Used to create/open NVGT files.
3. Recent Files – Previously opened VIEW files will be displayed in this panel
4. Open Files – Browse for VIEW files, browse for a folder containing all your images or select images for viewing
5. Settings – Opens the settings menu where you can remove your license or change other keys.
6. Close – Close the Start Panel to go straight to VIEW MODE and open images using the File Manager.
1. Open/Create Projects – Find or create NVGT project files.
2. Recent Files – This panel displays recently opened NVGT project files for quick access.
View Mode Layout
1. File Manager – The file manager allows you to add and select current files in your scene or project.
2. Add File – Browse for files to add to your current file list. Click on an added file to open the selected image/video. Files from your VIEW or NVGT files will be displayed here. Right click on them to remove them from your current file list.
3. Add Directory – Browse for a folder to add to your favourite folders. These directories can be renamed by right clicking on them. Favourite Folders allow for quick access to frequently used directories. Click on an added directory to select files to open in your project.
4. Refresh – Images saved or rendered by LUX Walker can be easily found here under their relevant project. Click refresh to automatically retrieve the latest LUX Walker capture directories.
5. List/Thumbnail Toggle – Switch between the prefered project file viewing mode.
6. VR Collaborative View – When a VR Headset is connected this toggle will enable/disable VR Collaborative View.
7. 2D Image View Toggle – Opens/Closes 2D Image View Mode
8. Annotations Toggle – Hide/Show Annotations
9. Tour Toggle – Hide/Show Tour Widgets
10. Filters Toggle – Hide/Show Filters
11. START TOUR – Start the Tour for the currently opened VIEW or NVGT project file.
12. Tenebris Lab Toggle – Hide/Show Tool buttons panel
13. File Menu – Save, Open, Help, About, Settings and other functions depending on the current mode (VIEW/EDIT mode) can be accessed from here.
14. Share – Open the UPLOAD/SHARE TOOL Panel.
15. Thumbnail Navigation Dropdown – Toggle the thumbnail panel which shows the previous, current and next images/videos.
UPLOAD / SHARE TOOL
1. Rename Image – Change the name of the image to be uploaded.
2. Upload to VRCHIVE – This will upload the current image to VRCHIVE a 360 image hosting site that has embed code for HTML and mobile viewability. To change your VRCHIVE user token, go to the settings menu (PRO only).
3. Facebook Ready 360 – Creates 360 capture of the current image, correctly formatted to be used with Facebook’s 360 image viewer.
1. Project Name – Enter the desired name for the project.
2. Project Save Location – select a save location for the project.
3. Add Files – Add image or video files to the project, these will be displayed in the window above this button.
4. Create Project – Click on this button to create the project once all the required fields have been filled in.
Edit Mode Main Screen
1. TOUR MODE
1.1. Add Waypoint – Add a waypoint to your current image, left clicking on the waypoint and dragging will allow re-positioning of the waypoint and right clicking will show more options.
1.2. Add Point Of Interest – Add a Point of Interest to the current image, left clicking on the point and dragging will allow re-positioning of the point and right clicking will show more options.
1.3. Add Link – Add a Link to the current image, left clicking on the link and dragging will allow re-positioning of the link and right clicking will show more options.
1.4. Simulate Tour – Activates all the tour functionality, clicking on waypoints will now load the image they are linked to, clicking on points of interest will display information and clicking on links will open the web link they are connected to.
1.5. Package – Open the package panel, where a project can be packaged into a .VIEW file that can be used to showcase a viewing version of the project.
1.6. Save Current Scene – Save the current waypoints, points of interest and links on the current image.
2. ANNOTATE MODE
2.1. Layers – The layers window contains all the draw layers created for a current image.
2.2. Clear Layers – Clears all the drawings in the current selected layer.
2.3. Change Color – Opens a colour selector for the current selected layer and allows you to change the colour of the selected layer.
2.4. Delete Layer – Deletes the currently selected layer from the layers window.
2.5. Add Layer – Adds a new layer to the layers window.
2.6. Tool Size – Adjusts the size of the draw cursor.
2.7. Save Current Drawing – Saves all the current draw layers to the loaded image.
3. RENDER TOOL
3.1. Filters – The filters window contains a list of preset filters that can be applied to the currently loaded image.
3.2. Filter Amount – Sets the strength of the current filter.
3.3. Screenshot – Takes a screenshot of the current view.
3.4. 360 Capture – Renders a 360 Image of the currently loaded image.