Recommended System Requirements
Virtual Reality requires a high-end computer aimed at rendering 3D computer graphics as fast as possible. If at anytime the experience is slow it will cause motion sickness and an uncomfortable experience in VR. Please note even the most powerful machine will not run a badly optimized 3D model. More info on that here.
Both Oculus and Vive have recommended system requirements that will work with many smaller projects. For larger projects with more materials and for an overall better experience the requirements are a little higher.
We recommend you match these for a great experience.:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i7 6th Gen (or equivalent)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 equivalent or greater with +6GB of VRAM or higher
- Memory: 16GB+ RAM
- Storage: 5GB Storage
Sometimes its difficult to choose or build a PC so we have put together a list:
- High-end Laptop: MSI GT73VR with GTX 1080 GPU
- Midrange Laptop: MSI GE62VR with GTX 1060 GPU
- High-end Desktop:
- Midrange Desktop:
Note: We use Amazon Associates links to help us understand our users and their hardware better. More on that here.