Hark fellow denizens of this rock hurtling through space and time, we’re on a mission – a group of 3D Ninjas building new worlds to explore.
3D Ninja / Generalist
Until space travel affords us the luxury of visiting undiscovered planets or the scientists at CERN get their act together and make inter-dimensional travel the same as going to the corner store and buying a fizzy cola – we have taken on the mantel of constructing digital worlds that fuze with our own. We’re working in a constant state of flux, at the crossroads where new technology, virtual world building and storytelling meet. Creativity and design gets mashed up with frontier technology to create unparalleled real-time and interactive worlds, where we endeavor to raise the bar each step we take into the great wide open. Crazy-fun? You betcha. Challenging? We wouldn’t be doing it otherwise – it’s what drives us further into the unknown realm of collaborative, extremely creative and highly technical work with endless possibility. If you’re interested in joining – we’re still picking up hitchhikers and fellow pioneers along the way.
Tenebris Lab is constantly growing and looking for talented, driven creatives and technologists, that want to help build the next generation of immersive virtual worlds. Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
– Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance
– Work closely with the design leads to conceptualize, model, dress and light real-time and game worlds based on related concept art, photographic reference or architectural models for franchise / IP / architectural visualization.
– Develop VFX and Shaders – fluids, fire, smoke, ivy , etc.
– Model rig, animate and optimize game assets for VR and AR on multiple platforms.
– Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
– Preview work in engine & VR headset. Iterate, optimize and polish to quality bar and visual direction set by the creative leads.
– Establish a thorough understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; experiment / champion opportunities for improvement.
– Actively participate in concept testing of new ideas and building of rapid prototypes.
Partner with engineering team to understand, define and manage project technical requirements and project asset production.
Required Skills / Experience:
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in 3D asset development for VFX, gaming, animation or rendering – developing, designing, modeling, and texturing 3D assets using Maya/Blender/3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D/2D programs).
– Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
– Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
– Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
– Advanced abilities in Medium, Z-Brush or Mud Box.
– Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
– Ability to switch between a wide range of styles.
– Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes.
– Experience working with Unity3d, Unreal Engine 4, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Maya/Blender/3ds Max to create model, texture and animate.
– Strong artistic & technical problem-solving skills, able to adapt, willing to learn new processes and technical skills.
Desired Skills / Experience:
– Basic understanding of game scripting.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Passion for game development, and working in VR or AR
– Able to create stylized concept art and illustration
– Experience working with photogrammetry
– Experience with Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
– Passion for playing and making games
– Experience with dynamics and simulations packages like Houdini.
A portfolio / reel submission is required. At the end of the day it’s your talent and skills that we’re after, the above section was just for HR.
– An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
– Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to, figure drawing, and environmental and / or architectural illustration
– Exceptional examples in set design, production design and/or architecture.
– Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color.
– 3D sculpting and modeling abilities interpreting 2D concept.
– Mesh geometry constructed for a real-time engine, built with an understanding of level layout, lighting and reuse whilst respecting run-time performance.
You will work and model with, in and for VR. With access to some of the worlds most advanced technologies.
Email [email protected] for submissions
Read more About Tenebris Lab.
Connect with us on social media @TenebrisLab to start a conversation.